EXIF or Exif Data is short for Exchangeable Image Format. It is a set of data that records the camera settings and conditions when you take photos. From an image’s Exif information, you can know lots of things about the image itself, including the basic camera mode, the shutter speed, exposure time, the exposure bias value, and Light Source.
To protect your privacy when you share photos on some public platforms, it’s best to make some changes to photo Exif data. In this article, we will walk you through AnyExif, a comprehensive and powerful program to view, add, edit, and remove Exif on Mac.
AnyExif is an all-in-one comprehensive program to edit EXIF data on MacOS. In a wide range of picture formats, it supports all conceivable meta information. Combining multiple editing features, AnyExif allows you to view, add, change, modify, and delete a variety of Exif data with ease, including General, EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, TIMESTAMP, CAMERA, LENS, FLASH, etc.
As an advanced Exif editing program, it supports all conceivable meta information. The user-friendly navigation and the clear layout improve your workflow much. With it, you can manage multiple photos and modify some metadata information in one window. Both single-image and multi-image viewing are supported. You can ever import and pin folders to locate the files you need instantly. Besides, it also supports adding flags to some photos that you may want to locate or edit later.
AnyExif Toolkit Introduction:
- ToolBar: include all functions that you will use when editing or viewing photo EXIF data
- Folder List: all imported folders will be listed here
- File List: all files will be listed here. You can choose and select any photos
- Photo Preview: preview the selected image or photo
- Brief MetaData: show some general EXIF metadata information here
- Map: show map GPS location
What Can You do with AnyExif?
- Add Folders: select the folders and import the photos
- Remove Folders: remove the selected folder from the list
- Clear Folders: clear all folders from the list
- EXIF Editor: edit the selected photo EXIF information in batch mode
- EXIF Viewer: View the photo EXIF information in batch mode
- GPS Location: view the photo GPS location
- Photo Remover: delete and remove the photo from trash
- Open the photo in Finder
- Open the photo in Preview
- EXIF Cleaner: clean all photo EXIF information from the selected photos
- Redirect to the document page
- Click to show the information about AnyEXIF
How to View Photo Exif with AnyExif
- Step 1Drag the images from your computer to AnyExif workspace.
- Step 2: Select the target image that you want to view.
- Step 3: Click the “Photo Preview” button to check the image’s general Exif.
- Step 4: Change the photos for Exif browsing by hitting the Up Arrow Key or Down Arrow key.
How to Edit Exif with AnyExif
- Step 1: Click the “Add Folder” button to import the folders that include all images you need to process.
- Step 2: Select the image and Click the “EXIF Viewer” bar to open the Exif information displaying window.
- Step 3: Choose which type of Exif data you want to change or modify. There are six formats for your choice, including General, Camera, TIFF, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC.
- Step 4: Once you finished editing Exif, click the “Start Process” to apply changes.
How to Remove Exif with AnyExif
Removing or deleting the existed Exif information is a good way to protect your privacy. AnyExif allows you to remove Exif data from a single photo or multiple photos. Here are the steps:
- Remove EXIF data from a single photo: select the target photo and click on the “Clean” button.
- Remove Exif data in bulk: multiple select photos and click on the “Clean” button.
Also, take a look at Mac cleaner software to clean up junk ad improve the performance of your Mac.
EXIF Data Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why EXIF DATA is Important?
EXIF data is important because it can be used to help you troubleshoot problems with your photos. For example, suppose a photo is overexposed. In that case, you can check the EXIF data to see if the camera’s exposure compensation was set properly. EXIF data can also determine whether a photo was taken in portrait or landscape orientation.
2. Do All Photos Have EXIF Data?
No, not all photos have EXIF data. EXIF data is only stored in image files saved in JPEG format. Images saved in other formats, such as TIFF or PNG, do not contain EXIF data. Why do some photos have no EXIF data?
Usually, the camera was set to save images in a format that does not support EXIF data. In addition, some photo editing software can remove EXIF data from photos when they are edited.
3. Should I Remove Photo’s EXIF Data?
Your choice of removing a photo’s EXIF data depends on what you’ll do with your photo. For instance, you can remove a photo’s EXIF data if you want to safeguard your work. This is important if you want to keep your photography style hidden from other creators.
In addition, EXIF Data is also removed from photos if they are displayed on websites. After all, EXIF Data contributes to the file size of a photo. Such photos with bigger file sizes will load slower, hence why others would prefer to have them removed.
You need EXIF data from your photos because it contains important information about your photos. EXIF data can be edited, but it is not recommended unless you are an experienced photographer or photo editor. You can also remove EXIF data from your photos, but this is only recommended if you are concerned about privacy or need to edit your photos in software that can’t read EXIF data.
In this article, we have walked you through a powerful Exif Editor – AnyExif. If you want to know more guides on how to edit Exif data with the help of AnyExif, go to read the official Help Document here: How to Edit Photos EXIF on Mac, Full Tutorial 2022.