Are you looking for working methods to Delete Skype Account Permanently? If, yes then continue reading the article. We will be discussing different methods to Deactivate Skype Account in simple and easy-to-follow steps. Deleting a Skype account is not that simple as you think. Back then, it was simple to Remove Skype Account but now things got more complicated after linking the Skype and Microsoft Account together
As I mentioned earlier, It was simple to delete Skype Account a few months back, But now, Your Skype account and Microsoft account are the same and they are linked to each other. Now, you have two options to go with. The first one is to delete the Skype account alone and the second one is to delete Skype Account and associated Microsoft account. If you don’t use any Microsft services and Skype alone is what you were using until now, then you can delete both your Microsoft as well as Skype Account. But, if you use any other Microsoft services, then deleting your Microsoft account is not at all preferred.
You should be really careful while deleting your Skype account because a small mistake might delete all your Microsoft services including Xbox, Outlook, Windows Login, Store and Windows Phone account, etc. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get started with the process to Deactivate or Delete Skype Account Permanently. See How to Delete Freecharge Account Permanently.
Delete Skype Account Permanently?
There are two options for you. One is to permanently delete your Skype and Microsoft Account and then the second one is to hide your Skype account while keeping your Microsoft account.
If you don’t need any Microsoft service and wanted to delete Skype as well as Microsoft Accounts then go to method 2 and If you want to use all other Microsoft services except Skype then follow the method given below.
Hide Your Skype Account/Deactivate Skype Account
This method is used to hide your Skype account by removing all data and making it offline. This does not mean that your account will be deleted. Instead, we will be changing all the account information so that no one will be able to find you on Skype. But, if you want to delete your Skype Account Permanently including Microsoft account and service then follow the 2nd method given below.
- Go to skype.com and log in to your account with Username and Password
- Once you are there at the dashboard of your Skype account, click on your Profile Picture
- Click on Settings
- Now, Click on the Edit Profile button and delete all info about you. You can change address, country, region, address, number, info, and even Name. So that no one will be able to find you on Skype. Also, be sure to remove your Profile Picture from Skype.
- Save the Profile settings and you are all good to go
- Now, Go to your Online/Offline status settings page and make your account status Offline Always.
- Finally, you are all good to go. We have successfully deleted all our info from Skype and no one will be able to find us on Skype nor see our Online status.
What Will Happen if you Delete Skype Account?
- You’ll lose access to all personal or organizational data stored by any Microsoft service and may lose access to other services using this account.
- Any personal info you manage using family settings, HealthVault, MSN Money, Skype Messenger contacts, or any other Microsoft services using this account will be lost. If this account has been used on behalf of a business or organization, you and your organization will lose access to all services registered to this account so we strongly recommend that you notify your admin before you close this account.
- You’ll lose access to Skype, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, Azure, and all other personal and organizational Microsoft subscription services, along with potentially losing any remaining account balances.
- We strongly recommend NOT closing this account until you’ve made sure you have no personal or organizational subscriptions or outstanding balances associated with it.
- You’ll lose access to Outlook.com, Hotmail, and OneDrive.
- You’ll no longer have access to any email, documents, or photos you’ve stored through these Microsoft services.
- You’ll lose access to all earned Microsoft certifications, passed exams, and any associated transcript.
All certifications, exams and badges linked to this account will be permanently deleted. To see the Microsoft Certification data that’s linked to this account, or to transfer your Certification data to another account before closing this one, contact your Regional Service Center.
- You’ll be unable to manage any software such as apps, games, services, or other listings created or owned by this account in various Microsoft stores across Windows, Office, Xbox, Azure, and more.
All such software will be removed from various Microsoft stores and will no longer be available for purchase or download, and customers who bought such software might lose access to it. If your account owns such software, please close your developer account to collect any remaining payments. Not closing this account will cause you to forfeit any remaining amounts owned for the apps published through this account.
- You’ll lose access to any digital games and subscriptions you’ve purchased or acquired, including Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass, and Mixer Pro.
Your gamertag, Xbox Live gamerscore, achievements, saved games, game captures, and your friends list will all be deleted. Additionally, your Mixer account will be closed, you’ll be unable to stream content, and your previous broadcasts will be deleted.
- You’ll be unable to install or reinstall all music, games, apps, and software purchased or downloaded using this account. You might also lose some associated functionality.
Content purchased or downloaded using this account will no longer be available for reinstallation or installation on additional devices. Some associated content functionality might also become unusable.
- You’ll loss access to some services on devices attached to this account.
- You’ll lose access to any services using this account on your Xbox consoles (which require a Microsoft account) and your Windows Phone, desktops, and Microsoft Surface devices. To access all the available services, you must set up the devices using a new Microsoft account.
Delete Skype Account Permanently
In this method, we will be completely deleting your Skype Account as well as Microsoft Account. Microsoft doesn’t provide an option to delete Skype Account alone. Meaning that, if you delete your Skype account then all your Microsoft services will also be deleted. So, if you are ready then let’s get started.
Step 1: Go to skype.com and login to your account with the Email/Phone Number and Password
Step 2: Once you are there on the Account Dashboard, click on the profile icon from the top left corner
Step 3: From the popup that appears, click on Settings
Step 4: Now, a quick Settings popup page will be displayed.
Step 5: Under Account and Profile Settings, you will find an option called Delete your account (The last option on that section). Click on the Delete Account button
Step 6: Now, you will be taken to a Microsoft’s help page where you will find a link to the Account TerminatiClosurelousre page. Or you can CLICK HERE
Step 7: You will be asked to log in to your Microsoft Live account by entering the password once again.
Step 8: Click Next
Step 9: Now, tick on every single option on the page and select a reason why you want to remove your Skype Account.
Step 10: Once done, click on “Mark Account for Closure” button
Step 11: Click on Done.
Now, we have successfully deleted your Skype Account permanently. If you change your mind later and decide not to delete your account then you will be having a time of 60 Days to make the final decision. If you are sure that you don’t need this account then you can leave or if you think you wanted your account back then you can log in to your account using the same credentials within 60 days and you will get your account back. If you don’t log in to your account within the period of 60 Days, your account will be permanently deleted, and won’t be able to recover it back.
You can start using any calling applications after you delete your Skype account. There are a good number of apps available that you use for free to call anyone.
Frequently Asked Questions on Deleting Skype Account (FAQ)
Here are some frequently asked questions regarding the closure of users’ Skype account.
You have a time of 60 days, just log in to your account within 60 days and your account will be restored. But, there’s no way that you can get your account back after 60 days.
No, After 60 days period, you won’t be able to restore your account.
All your data and info will be taken off from the Microsoft services within next 60 Days.
So, this is how we delete our Skype Account permanently. Microsoft doesn’t really have an option which will let us delete Skype account alone. If we want to get rid of our Skype Account permanently then we are forced to delete our Microsoft account, too. Skype is part of Microsoft account and you can’t delete your account without deleting Microsoft account also. If you want your Microsoft account and at the same time don’t need Skype then you can follow the first method and change your account info to hide it. If you don’t care about your Microsoft account then you completely delete your Skype account permanently including all Microsoft services.
If you have any doubt or face any problem, feel free to ask us on the comment section below.