Scribd is the one-stop destination for all who are looking for eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more. If you not already know, Scribd has both Paid as well as Free membership. But the FREE Membership does not allow its users to download a copy of the book to their device for offline use. This is where Scribd Downloader comes in handy. You might have found a really interesting Book on Scribd and when you tried to download it to your device, you found that you need a paid premium membership. But, by using Scrib Downloader, you can easily download any sort of paid Books, Magazines or Audiobooks without spending anything.
Scribd is a popular Book sharing platform used by millions of people all around the globe. As of now, Scribd is having millions of contents in the form Ebooks, Audiobooks, Magazines, Write-Ups, etc. Scribd getting popular and in 2009 it was widely used by thousands of people and names it as the YouTube of Books. No one likes to pay for downloading a single Ebook content and this is where Scribd Downloaders comes in handy. In this article, you will find How to Download Scribd Documents for Free without Premium Membership.
Read: Free NetFlix Accounts
What is Scribd?
Scribd is an Online Book sharing platform where anyone can view, read and download different Books, Audiobooks and Magazines written by people all around the earth. It was in 2009 that people widely started using Scribd to host different Documents and Books on the Internet. With Scribd uploading option, it became super simple for authors to host Books and Users to read and save it. It has both Free as well as Paid contents in it. You are not required to pay anything in order to read Free Books and Premium Membership will let you read paid contents. But the problem is that even if you try to download Free Books with the free account it is not at all possible. Whether you need to download the Paid Books and Free one, you will have to grab a Premium Membership which costs somewhere like $9 every month.
How to Download Scribd Documents for FREE with Scribd Downloader
I will be sharing multiple methods to download and save Free and Paid Ebooks to your device without having the need for a Premium account. You can select any method that is convenient for you.
1. Upload Method – Most Popular
In this method, we will be uploading a text document from our computer to grab the download link for other documents. Basically, this is a mistake from Scribd Developers. But using this, we can download almost any content from Scribd for FREE.
- Open any modern Web Browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or even Apple Safari.
- Type in Scribd.com in the address bar and hit enter.
- Once you are there on the homepage of scribd.com, type and search for the document that you want to download.
- Click on the particular book that you want to download and then copy the URL from the Address Bar
- After copying the URL, you are required to create an account or sign in to your existing Scribd account. You can use Google or Facebook login to create an account in a click.
- After the signup process is done, you will be redirected to a subscription page, just click on the Skip button or Start a Trial
- Open Microsoft Word, ApplePages or Google Docs and create a simple text document about anything.
- Click on Create New Document and upload this created document, Provide a Title and Description.
- After uploading the file click on Done
- Now paste the URL that we copied earlier in the Address bar
- Now, you will see a Download option and right-click on it and click on “Save as” option.
- The document will start to download shortly and That’s it.
2. Access Key Method to Download Scribd Documents for Free
In this method, we will be using Inspect Elements to download files for free from Scribd.
- Go to Scribd.com and search for the document you want to download.
- Once you are there on the Document’s Scribd Page, right-click and click on the option called “Inspect Element“. (It is better to use Google Chrome)
- From the Inspect Element tab, click on the Ctrl+F to launch Search Bar and type in access_key and htt enter
- Copy the below given URL and replace the Access Key and Document ID with that of the document that you want to download.
- Wait until the Documents gets loaded completely and click on the Save button to download the document to the computer.
3. Using Third-Party Sites
There are many websites that claim to download Scribd Documents for Free. For this to work, all you want is just the Link of the Scribd Document. Just paste the URL and hit the download button to quickly save the file
- First of all, Go to Scribd.com and find the document that you want to download
- Copy the URL of that particular page from the Address Bar
- Go to the below-mentioned site and paste the copied URL in the search bar.
- Click on the Download button and wait until the file gets downloaded to your device.
4. GreaseMonkey Script to Download Scribd Document
GreaseMonkey Script is a Firefox extension that will help you to download Documents for free by bypassing the premium membership page. All you want to do is just visit the GreaseMokney script page and then add the extension to your Web Browser and use the Extension next time when you want to save any Scribd Documents to your device.
- Go to the official Mozilla Add-on repository and add the extension given below
- Go to this page and copy the GreaseMonkey Script
- Visit the Scribd Document’s page and click on the GreaseMonkey Extension
- Paste the copied script to the extension
- Click on the Download button and it will automatically bypass the Premium Membership page
These are some amazing methods to download Scribd Documents for free using Scribd Downloaders and Third Party scripts. You can try the very first method mentioned in this article and it should work for sure. For some reason, if the first method didn’t work for you then you can move on to the next method in the article. This way you can save a lot of money by downloading Scribd Documents for Free. I will update the article whenever a new method is found so be sure to keep an eye on this article.