According to a new leak, Qualcomm is expected to launch the Snapdragon 875 by the end of the year and might be the company’s first 5nm chipset.
Snapdragon 865 is Qualcomm’s latest processor that is being currently used in almost all new flagship devices these days. Earlier, some rumors also pointed out that there won’t be Snapdragon 865+ this year.
As per 91Mobiles, Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 will come with X60 5G modem-RF system. The new chip is codenamed as SM8350 and below given are the key specification of the upcoming chip.
Snapdragon 875 Expected Specifications
- 3G/ 4G/ 5G modem compatible with Millimeter wave (mmWave) as well as sub-6 GHz bands
- Adreno 660 GPU
- Adreno 665 VPU
- Adreno 1095 DPU
- Kryo 685 CPU built on Arm v8 Cortex technology
- Qualcomm Secure Processing Unit (SPU250)
- Low-power audio subsystem combined with Aqstic Audio Technologies WCD9380 and WCD9385 audio codec
- Quad-channel package-on-package (PoP) high-speed LPDDR5 SDRAM
- External 802.11ax, 2×2 MIMO, and Bluetooth Milan
- Spectra 580 image-processing engine
- Snapdragon Sensors Core Technology
It is still unclear whether the company will go with the integrated 5G modem method or otherwise.
As the new chip is about to come with the new 5nm making technology, we can expect the chip to be more power-efficient and at the same time performance improvement as well.
There are no officials words from the company regarding the same. If the leaks are to be believed then we might get to see the new Snapdragon 875 chip sometime later this year. If the new chip gets released this year, the majority of flagship devices in 2021 will be powered by the new chip.
It is also unclear whether the company will launch Snapdragon 865+ this year but the rumors suggest that there won’t be a chip as such.