Bloatware or system apps are apps that come pre-installed in your Android Device straight out of the box. We have limited controls over those apps. In this article, we will find how we can Uninstall System Apps from Android Devices. No matter what version of Android your device is running on, this trick applies to every one of them. And again, you don’t need Root access to get this trick work.
As I mentioned earlier, we have only limited controls over these sort of system apps that comes pre-installed in our device. If we install an app from the Google Play Store by using the APK file, we will be able to uninstall by going to Apps’ settings of our device. But that’s not the case with System Apps. If you open the System apps panel from the Apps Settings then you will find no button called “Uninstall” to remove the app. This is where things are getting a little bit tricky
It’s true that system apps can’t be uninstalled or removed like any other apps that are installed from the Play Store. But, that doesn’t mean that it is impossible to Uninstall System Apps in Android. There there are few workarounds that you can try to get these apps removed from your device. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into the article and see how to remove system apps from an Android smartphone or tablet Also read How to Mirror Android Screen to Computer
Android System Apps or Bloatware
If your device is having a system app that uses too much Internet then you might end paying extra for the data used by those Apps. In the same way apps like heavy games will eat up a lot of quality storage of your device causing low Internal Memory warning. To avoid all these we can uninstall it with the help of some third-party apps and software. Not just Android, Windows is also having some system apps pre-installed which makes no sense at all.
The pure version of Android supplied by Google will only have Official Google Apps. Any third party apps that you find on your device is inserted by the respective device manufacturer or OEM as part of a partnership with a specific company or brand.
Uninstall System Apps
I will share a few little working methods to get rid of these apps. This trick applies to people who are having both rooted as well as non-rooted device. So, if you are having non-rooted device then don’t worry as this method will work for you without any problem.
Method 1: Using Computer
- Download Debloater software from the link given below
Debloater software is available for both Computer and Laptops running any versions of Windows or Mac OS X+. No matter if you are having Macbook or a Windows PC. We got you covered. Links for both the platform will be given below. Click on the download button for your OS and install the software. In my case, I am using Windows. So I have to download the .msi installer file of Debloater which is really a lightweight application.
- Install the software
- Now take your phone and enable USB Debugging. To enable USB Debugging to go to Phone Setting > about phone > tap 7 times on Build Number then again go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
Make sure that ADB Driver for your Android device is installed in your Computer, you can get the ADB Driver from here.
- Connect your phone to computer/laptop using a data cable and make sure USB Debugging is still enabled.
- Now open Debloater and click Yes on the security popup
- From the top left corner click on “Read device packages”
- Wait for a few seconds and it will show you the complete list of apps that are installed in your smartphone
- Search and find the app that you wanted to remove.
- Click on Uninstall or Disable button and apply the changes
That’s it! We have successfully uninstalled a particular system app from our Android device without having the root access. All we need is just a Computer and USB Data cable to get the job done. If you want to uninstall multiple apps like this then you can select all of them from the list and do the same to get them removed. Have a look at Sites to Receive SMS Online
Why should you remove Bloatware from Android?
In this section, I will share some of the reasons why you need to uninstall Bloatware or system apps from your smartphone right away.
- Eats up a lot of device storage. If you are running out of storage then one of the prime reasons for this is because of these apps. They take up a lot of space in your phone’s internal storage by which you may not be able to use apps that you are in need for.
- Drain battery in the background
- Uses the Internet in the background
- Uses Location details which might affect our privacy.
So, this is exactly how we remove bloatware from android devices. System apps are not always good. Some of them have good use while a majority of them are just for the namesake or as part of ads. Why do you want to give these apps a lot of space in your device when this literally doesn’t make any sense to you. These apps simply just drain our battery like and also use location data(some) which are of great privacy concerns. Hope you guys just uninstall system apps from Android with the help of Debloater software which is available for both Windows as well as Mac OS running computers or laptop. Lastly, share this with your friends who want to get bloatware uninstalled from their Android device. Comment download below, if you have a doubt or face any problem.