Recently, Reliance has released its new product from Reliance family and that was named Reliance Jio.Reliance Jio was a Grant Success and hit the Market like a thunder-storm. The name Reliance Jio 4G itself indicates that it is a 4G Network.Unlike other popular service providers, Reliance Jio only has 4G Band, that means it does not have any 2G/3G Band Towers. So, obviously, you can’t use it on any 3G Smartphone. But thank God! I have found an interesting trick to use Jio 4G Sim on certain 3G Smartphones.
If your phone is based on Mediatek/Qualcomm processor, then you can apply the below-mentioned trick and use Reliance Jio 4G in your Mediatek/Qualcomm powered 3G Smartphone.Not all phone supports this trick, Give it a try and let’s see if it works on your device.
I’m listing 4 Tricks below, Go through all of them and see which one works for you.
Table of Contents
How To Use Reliance Jio on 3G Phones?
- Download CPU Z App from the Play store: Play Store Link
- Install and Open the App.
- After opening the App, it will show you the Device information
- If your device is Qualcomm or Mediatek, it will show there with respective Logo.
Method 1: For MediaTek Processor Phones
- First of all, Download MTK Engineering Mod App from the Play store: PlayStore Link
- This App will let you open your device’s Service options and you can run advanced Developer options.
- Open the App and select Preferred Network Option.
- Now select 4G LTE/WCDMA/GSM as Network Mode. Now save it and Restart your Device.
- Once you’re all done, shut down your phone.
- Insert Jio 4G Sim on Sim Slot 1.
- Now switch on your Device and within less than 1 minute you will start to see Network signal bars on your device.
Qualcomm Chipset Devices:
- Download Shortcut Master Lite app from Play Sore: PlayStore Link
- Install and open the app.
- Click on the Menu(Indicated by three dots aligned vertically)
- Now search for “Service Menu” or “Engineering Mode”
- Then, select System App.
- Once you get the Engineering option, open it and change your band to LTE.
- If above mentioned doesn’t work for you then, Dial *#2263# and then select menu.
- Then go to Input Keys and type “0000”without quotes. Then wait for some time until you get a popup.
- Now from the popup, select UE Settings > Protocol > NAS > Network Control > Band Selection > LTE Band > then select Band “40”.
- Now shut down your Phone.
- Insert your Jio Sim on Sim Slot 1
- Turn on your device and see if the Network bars appear or not.
Method 3: For All Devices
- First of all Download Xorware 2G/3G/4G Switcher App: PlayStore Link
- Now open the app and select Network settings.
- Now select and change Network mode to 4G LTE mode.
- Click on Apply and save changes.
- Now restart your device
Method 4: For Redmi 1s Mobile Users
- Open the Dialer, and type *#*#4636#*#*
- Now select Phone Information 1 from testing page.
- Scroll down and click on Preferred Network Type option.
- Select LTE, CDMA, EvDo, GSM/WCDMS option
- After that close it.
- Restart your Device.
Method 5: For Moto G and E Mobile Users
- Open the Dialer and type this number: *#*#4636#*#*
- Click on Phone Information from testing page.
- Scroll down and click on Set Preferred Network Type option.
- Select LTE/GSM auto (PRL) option and close it
- Turn off your device.
- Insert Jio Sim to Sim Slot 1
- Turn on your Device and Network bar will appear.