LG TV screens are delicate, and you should take proper care while cleaning them. Using things like detergents to clean your LG TV screen is not at all recommended.
Now you might be thinking about what to use and how to clean your LG TV’s screen. Well, I’m here to help you with that.
To increase the life of your LG TV, you must clean them once in a while regularly. But you can’t use just about anything to clean the screen. So, how do you clean an LG TV Screen?
How to Clean LG TV Screen?
You must use a microfiber cleaning cloth to clean your LG TV Screen. Spray some screen cleaner solution or distilled water on the fabric to make it damp. Now use the cloth to clean the TV screen. Move in a circular direction, so you don’t scratch the screen.
Now let’s see how to clean your LG TV Screen without scratching it – the PROPER Way.
What you’ll need to clean your LG TV Screen?
Make sure you have two microfiber cleaning cloths and a screen cleaning solution before starting.
If you don’t have a screen cleaning solution, you may also use distilled water. Make sure you never use detergents to clean your LG TV screen. More on this later.
Steps to clean:
- First and foremost, unplug the TV and let it there for about 15 minutes until it cools down. Never rush to clean the screen while the TV is turned on or without waiting for some time after unplugging
- Take a microfiber cleaning cloth and gently wipe out the dust from the screen using one side.
- On the other side of the microfiber cleaning cloth, add some screen cleaning solution or distilled water to make it damp. (Spray the cleaning liquid on the microfiber cloth and not directly on the TV screen.)
- Now start wiping the LG TV screen in a circular direction to remove any grease or fingerprints. If needed, you may apply minimal pressure to remove grease but remember not to press too hard on the screen as it will damage it.
- Take the second microfiber cleaning cloth, which is completely dry, to dry the TV screen. Gently wipe over the screen to remove any moisture content.
- Leave the TV for about 10 – 15 minutes to completely dry. Don’t try to turn on the TV right after cleaning.
- Plug in in the TV, and you are good to go
What to Avoid When Cleaning an LG TV Screen?
You can’t use anything and everything to clean your LG TV screen. For example, using hard clothes and detergents will do more harm than good.
Proper care should be taken while you clean the TV screen so that your TV is safe.
Using cleaning solutions that contain high alcohol or ammonia content will cause damage to the top layer of the TV screen, which is primarily an anti-reflective coating. This will cause permanent damage to your TV screen.
Avoid using these products to clean your TV screen:
- Hard cloths
- Paper tower
- Tissue paper
- Toilet Paper
- Window cleaning solutions
- Hand sanitizer
- Baby wipes
- Hard detergents
It would help if you only used microfiber cleaning clothes to clean the TV screen. Microfiber cleaning clothes are generally more gentle and absorbent. The fibers on these cloths are so tiny that they can easily pick minute dust particles.
The microfiber cleaning cloths are three times more effective than regular cleaning cloths.
How to Clean the Back of Your LG TV?
The back of your LG TV is where all the dust particles accumulate, eventually getting inside the TV.
Proper care should be taken to remove the dust particles from the back and inside of your TV.
Over time, a lot of dust particles will accumulate on the back and inside of your TV, decreasing the air ventilation, which overheats the internal components.
Let’s see how to clean the back of your TV:
- As always, unplug the TV first. Wait for about 15 minutes to let the TV cool before touching it.
- Reposition the TV so that you gain access and visibility to the back and side of the TV.
- If the TV is wall-mounted, gently tilt and lift it to remove it from the wall-mount. Depending on the size of the TV, you might want to ask someone to help.
- Set the vacuum cleaner to a low setting and slowly clean all the dust particles and spider webs first.
- Use a damp cleaning cloth (not necessarily a microfiber cloth) and wipe all dust particles, fingerprints, and greases.
- Wait for about 15 minutes for the water content to dry.
- Place the TV back in position and replug it.
How to Clean the Surrounding of LG TV?
Dust particles are threats to devices like TV, computer monitor, etc.
If a lot of dust particles accumulate on the TV, the TV will overheat. This is bad for your TV, especially when you use them for a prolonged time.
So, it’s always advised that you keep the surrounding of the TV clean so that only a minimal amount of dust particles gets inside the TV.
- Regularly vacuum the surroundings of the TV
- Dust the back of the TV once in a while
How to Properly Take Care of Your LG TV?
To increase your LG TV’s lifespan, you must take proper care of it. There are some dos and don’ts that will drastically improve the life of your LG TV. Let’s take a look at them.
- Sudden power surges can cause internal damage to your TV. Using a Surge Protector to keep your LG TV safe from sudden power fluctuations is better.
- Clean the back of the TV once in a while to remove dust and dirt. It will help them not overheat, increasing the life of the TV.
- When not in use, it’s best to keep your TV turned off. It will help to increase the life of your TV.
- Regularly clean the TV screen so stains and other greases won’t stay there permanently.
- Make sure there’s ample space to the sides of the TV so that proper air ventilation happens. This is essential to get rid of overheating even when the TV is used for a prolonged period.
- The best way to avoid burn-in on an LG TV is not to keep the TV turned on for more extended periods and that too a static image or something that does not change. (Burn in occurs when you pause the content and leave the TV turned on.)
- Adjust the brightness and contrast level to the optimum level. Avoid bumping up to the maximum when not required.
- Keep the TV in a place with a lot of air ventilation. Make sure nothing is blocking the airflow. Otherwise, the TV will overheat.
Can I Use Windex On My LG TV Screen?
Never use Windex to clean your TV screen. The thin layer of LED and plasma TV is damaged easily when Windex is used. Windex will cause permanent damage to the anti-reflective coating of the TV.
How Do I Remove Fingerprints From My LG TV?
To remove fingerprints from your TV, use a microfiber cleaning cloth and a bit of screen cleaning solution and gently wipe in a circular motion.
DO NOT spray the solution directly on the TV. Instead, spray the solution on the microfiber cleaning cloth and use it to remove the fingerprint stain from the TV.
Cleaning your LG TV’s screen once in a while will help to keep it in perfect condition. If you do not clean the screen regularly, then it might cause permanent stains on the screen.
So let’s go through steps on how to clean an LG TV screen real quick:
- Get two microfiber cleaning cloth and a screen cleaning solution
- Use one side of the microfiber cleaning cloth to wipe off the dust.
- Apply the screen cleaning solution to the other side of the microfiber cleaning cloth and gently wipe over the screen in a circular motion to remove dust and fingerprint.
- Use the other microfiber cleaning cloth to dry the TV screen.