Android is one of the most well-known operating systems in the world. In terms of market share, it has the most users. Android is estimated to have around 2.5 billion active users.
In the smartphone market, Android accounts for over 75% of all users. It is a customized version of the Linux kernel that allows for simple modification by the user.
Android is the most user-friendly operating system, which accounts for its vast user base.
If you’re a techie, you’ll already be aware of the hidden codes that may be used to get access to the advanced capabilities of the android device.
Even if you are unaware of these codes, this article will assist you in obtaining hidden codes that will improve your Android experience.
These advanced codes that are available for Android are called USSD and MMI codes.
What are USSD and MMI codes?
These are codes that most users don’t know about. These are prefixed codes from the companies that will perform certain tasks.
To enter these codes, you don’t need to have separate apps. All you need is your dialer that comes preloaded on your android device. It’s worth noting that certain codes are carrier-specific, which means they won’t work on all devices. So, if your phone doesn’t answer a code, don’t concentrate on it; instead, go on and try again.
What is an MMI code?
MMI stands for Man-Machine-Interface. Simply put these are the codes that contain the star (*) and the asterisk(#) symbols.
They are many categories in MMI. Each category has its own set of purposes. All of these codes are mostly similar, so it is easy to get confused.
What are USSD codes, and how do you use them?
Every smartphone has its own network. There are always ways to communicate between the network and the device. This is where the USSD codes come into play. These codes can be used to get the system info, troubleshoot issues and more.
USSD stands for Unstructured Supplementary Service Data.
Here are some USSD and MMI codes.
These codes can be used to get information about the android device.
- *#06# : This code is used to get the IMEI number of the smartphone or the android device that you are using.
- *#07# : This is used to display the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) value of the device.
- *#*#225#*#*: This code will display the calendar storage information of the android device.
- *#*#426#*#*: This is used to get Google Play services information about the device. But this feature is available only in specific devices.
- *#*#34971539#*#*: This is used to get the camera information of the android device.
- *#12580*369# : It is used to get the Software and Hardware information of the device.
- *#*#232338#*#*: To get the MAC address of the device.
- *#*#3264#*#*: This is used to get the RAM version of the device.
- *#*#232337#*#: Used to get the Bluetooth Address of the android smartphone.
- *#*#273282*255*663282*#*#*: Used to backup all the media in the smartphone.
Here are some testing codes.
- *#*#232339#*#*: It is used to get the test for wifi.
- *#*#0842#*#*: This is used to perform brightness and vibration test.
- *#*#2664#*#*: It is used to get the Touchscreen test done.
- *#*#232331#*#*: This code is used to perform a bluetooth test on the device.
- *#*#0289#*#*: This is used to get the audio test of the smartphone device.
The following are some of the company-specific codes:
- *#0228#: This code is used in Samsung devices to get the Battery status. This code is only specific to Samsung devices.
- *#0808#: This is used to access the USB settings on a Samsung device.
- *#*#64663#*#*: This is code used on Xiaomi devices to acess the test menu.
- *#6776#: Realme devices can use this code to get the software information of the device.
- *#1234#: Oneplus users can use this code to acess thier software information
The following are some of the codes that need to be carefully handled as they can lead to the complete loss of data on the device. So make sure that your device is backup before you use some of these codes.
- *#7780#: This is used to factory reset the phone. This will delete all the user data from the mobile. So be really careful while using this code on your mobile.
- *2767*3855#:This is another factory reset code. This is used to perform full factory reset of the smartphone device.
- *#*#7594#*#*: This code is used to poweroff the smartphone.
These codes might be tricky and dangerous so make sure you know what code you are using before you can actually use them. Hope this article helped you.