Facebook allows its users to post photos that are viewed by everyone. The posted photo is available on your timeline and on the timeline of every person, there is on your timeline. But what if you want to post some pictures that are only available to you and not others. So, how to add photos to Facebook without posting it?
We have shared the exact method by following which you can post photos on Facebook without actually posting them. Check the steps of doing below.
Add Photos to Facebook Without Posting It
The method is rather very simple as you only need to change the privacy settings from Public to Only me.
Now, this can be done on both the mobile app and the Desktop version, and here is how you can do that. Let’s start with the desktop version first.
Are you trying to learn how to check all sent friend requests on Facebook? Well, here is a comprehensive guide that will tell you exactly how to find all sent friend requests on Facebook.
Posting Photos on Facebook Without Posting from Desktop
To start the process, you need to log in to your account after opening Facebook. After that follow the process provided below
- Find the “What’s on your mind” status bar on Facebook and click on the Photos tab just below it.
- Now, choose the concerned photo or upload a photo from your PC.
- Just below your name above the photo, you will find the Audience button and you need to click on it.
- From the list choose Only me and then click on Post.
And that’s it. With this, you will be able to post a photo on Facebook without posting it. Now, check the steps of doing the same on through the Mobile version of Facebook.
Posting Photos on Facebook Without Posting from Mobile
This method on the mobile version of Facebook is quite similar to the desktop version. Follow the steps mentioned below after logging into the Facebook App on mobile.
- Tap on Photos, which you will get right after tapping on the “What’s on your mind” status bar on Facebook.s
- Choose the photo that needs Posting and then tap on Next.
- Just below your name a tab with Public/friends written on it is available. Tap on that.
- From the list choose Only Me and tap on Post.
You can also go to an already posted image and follow the steps mentioned above to make that private.
And that’s it. These are the steps that you need to follow to post photos on Facebook without posting them through the mobile version or the desktop version.
You might want to post a lot more photos that you don’t want to share and making a private folder would be the best choice here. So how do you make a private folder on Facebook?
It’s quite irritating when you start getting messages on Facebook Messenger when all you want to do is browse through Facebook. Well, that happens because of the Green Dot, which means that you are online on Facebook. Read the meaning of the green dot on Facebook to understand more about it.
How To Create a Private Photo Album on Facebook?
Creating a private photo album on Facebook is just like creating any other photo album. The only change that you need to make is to the Audience of the album. Follow the steps to make a private photo album through the Desktop version.
- Go to Facebook and find your way to Photos.
- In there, find Albums and then click on Create Album.
- Now find the Audience button and change the status from Public/friends to Only me.
- Provide a suitable name for the folder and click on post.
This is how you create a private photo album on Facebook. Now, let us go through the process of doing the same through the mobile app.
- Go to the Facebook mobile app.
- Find your way to Photos and then click on Album.
- Tap on Create Album.
- Now, tap on the Audience button just below the name of the Album.
- Change it from Public to Only Me and click on Create.
And that’s it. This is how you can create a private album through the desktop and mobile versions of Facebook.
Again, if you don’t want to make an album and hide specific pictures follow the steps below. The steps mentioned below are very similar for both versions of the app.
- Open Facebook and find your way to the Photos tab.
- Tap on Your Photos and choose the photo that you want to hide.
- From the top-right corner of the photo, tap on the three dots.
- Now, choose Edit Audience from the list and then choose Only me.
And that’s it. This is how you can make any post on your Facebook private.
If you are having trouble sharing content on Facebook, read How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable.
Facebook and Instagram are slowly becoming more like digital photo albums for people. You get to share whatever photos you want to share and also edit the privacy that suits you by following the steps that have been mentioned here. We hope that the provided information about how to add photos to Facebook without posting it has been of help to you.