Are you trying to Shazam a song playing on your own device? Well, if so, then you are at the right place as we will provide you with a guide that will teach you to Shazam songs from your own device.
Shazam is a music discovery app that can provide you with the name and artist of the song after listening to it for a few seconds. This is a must-have app as quite often we do come across songs or music that pricks our ear while at a party or a restaurant and this provides us with the song’s details.
How to Shazam Songs Playing on Your Device
Using Shazam to find details about music from other sources is quite easy. For that, you just need to download and install the app and then press the big button on the App to while the music is playing.
Are you trying to check your Spotify stats? Well, it’s very easy to do that and you can read How to See Your Stats on Spotify to learn about it.
When it comes to finding details of the music tracks that is on your device already is a bit tricky. Below we have provided the steps following which you will be able to identify music that is playing on your own device.
- Start the Shazam app.
- Now, go to the Music app or sources and play the unknown music.
- After that, go back to the Shazam app and tap on the big blue button.
- Wait for a few seconds and the information on the music will appear on your screen.
Like this, you will be able to identify as many songs as you want. Shazam doesn’t have a cap on how many songs you can identify with it. After the identification is done you can just tap on the song and it will take to your synced music app and start playing the song.
Shazam only has the option to sync two music apps which are Spotify and Apple Music. You can choose any of the two music players. To sync the music apps, you can follow the steps below.
- Open the Shazam app and go to its settings.
- Now, tap on Connect next to the music player of your choice and that would be all.
How To Setup Auto Shazam?
Auto Shazam is a feature in Shazam in itself that allows the app to automatically identify music whilst the feature is turned on. The process of enabling that on iOS and Android devices is different. You can follow the steps below to enable the Auto Shazam feature.
- Find the settings icon on Shazam and tap on it.
- Scroll down to find Shazam on App Start and enable it.
- Now, long press on the Shazam button.
With this, the Auto Shazam feature will be enabled and you just need to let the app run in the background.
Open the app and long-press the Shazam button and let it run in the background and then you will be able to Shazam a song playing on your own device.
Are you facing Spotify can’t play error message while playing songs on the App? Read 5 Ways To Fix Spotify Can’t Play This Right Now.
How To Add Shazam to Control Centre On iPhone
The control center on iPhones has quite a lot of uses and shortcuts can also be added to it. You can add Shazam to the iPhone control center and to do that follow the steps provided below.
- Open Settings on iPhone and the find Control Centre.
- Now scroll down to find Music Recognition.
- Tap on the “+ “next to Music Recognition.
And with that Shazam will be added to your Control Centre. Now, you can access it without trying to find the app and wasting time.
How To Troubleshoot If Shazam Is Not Working Properly?
Shazam can also face some issues while in the process of identifying songs. To do that you can follow the steps provided below.
- Shazam won’t be able to identify the song if the volume on your device is low. You can try increasing the volume of the device to check if it’s properly working or not.
- Cleaning the speakers of your device is another method. Sometimes, dust or grimes get deposited on the speakers. So, if you clean the speakers of the device, it will start working.
- Headphones can also be used if the device speakers are not working. Connect your headphone and hold the mic of the headphone close to or near the music source. Adjust the volume accordingly and the issue will be solved.
Shazam is a very useful app and you should have this app on your device. Follow the steps mentioned here and you will be easily able to Shazam a song playing on your own device.
There are quite a lot of other similar apps to Shazam such as SoundHound, Genuis, Musicxmatch, etc. Though these apps are pretty similar to Shazam they are not as good as Shazam. We would recommend you to keep using Shazam and use the above methods to find unknown songs. We hope that the provided information has been of help to you.